I am writing this post in the Courtyard Marriott in Greensburg, Pennsylvania.
It’s funny how we went from one ‘Burg’ to another ‘Burg’.
A huge part of me cannot believe how long I actually stayed South after going immediately after I graduated undergrad from Otterbein University in June. I remember being so incredulous as to how different life was. You did not expect anything to be finished fast, especially time at the hair salon. I spent at least 3 hours there each time I got a color/highlight living in the South. LAWD. You never mentioned that you DON’T go to church.
Locals use the phrase “It’ll make you slap your momma” to reveal a positive reaction to something, especially food.
There are many things that living in the South has given me. I have grown up there. “Put your big girl pants on.” Having gone to college 20 minutes away from where I was raised in Ohio, having an adventure was very important to me. I will never forget…
- Zumba Classes in the Hargrave mess hall after school
- driving the 15 minutes just to get a decent cup of iced coffee from Starbucks. How corporate of me, I know.
- Going for runs and always having to wave at cars driving by.
- The Lynchburg Farmers’ Market. Will always carry my ‘Lynchburg is for Locivores’ tote!
- I will always remember Dean LTC Walter Sullivan at our in-services to take faculty back to campus when I worked at Hargrave. He would say, “The tobaccoo is as tall as your eye, that’s when we know it’s time to start the school year.”
- Discovering a love for hiking, especially those gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains
- Friends that turned into family in Chatham. Regretfully, I have lost touch with some of these individuals that took me in while I practically needed a passport to navigate the social situations. I will always be grateful to Suzie Brawn, Cindy Watson, the Oditts, Ty Gafford, Mrs. Finkner, Walter Sullivan, Miss Kerry, Blair Sutton…among others.
Before we left Lynchburg, we had to try out the hotel that we blocked rooms out for our wedding! The pictures below are of the Craddock Terry Hotel. The space is gorgeous. We stayed in a regular, king-sized room. The bus will pick us up and drop us off at this hotel. For those of you who have not received your ‘Save the Date’ yet, they are coming out very soon.
We bought a house today! Check out my mini virtual tour in this video. We are SO excited for our first home in Greensburg, PA.
Check out our wedding at our website here: #LoudOnTheMountain
Check out our awesome Chloe + Isabel Semi-Annual Sale! Shop at my boutique here!
I am so excited to update you that we are moving to Pittsburgh! Doug has the wonderful opportunity to work for Westinghouse as a Senior Field Engineer!
We will be moving at the end of next week. SHEESH! Just as I was thinking that I wanted to resurrect this blog from near death! Although, I know the only people who read my posts are family.
See ya later, Lynchburg!
We have been hunting for condos and town homes and love the idea of maintenance-free living. More updates will be coming soon.
“What are you going to do?”
I am happily going to try and find a middle school science position in the area. If I cannot find one, I will sub until I can find the perfect teaching job! All I want to do now is to get back in my own classroom and make a difference on young adolescent lives.